affiliate_link

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A "Blow Your Mind" Recipe:: Valentine's Edition



So, I have been asking around the MothersHelpingOthers Recipe Group for super simple recipes to showcase/feature on my blog.  One of my readers, Charlene, submitted this recipe to me.  Here is what she had to say::



 "I was in a pinch the other day when my son asked for peanut butter fudge. I had NOTHING but peanut butter. So here's what I did to cheat.. A can of vanilla frosting & a jar of 16.3 oz peanut butter. Put them in a bowl DO NOT STIR. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until creamy. Line a 9x9 pan in foil. Empty into pan and refrigerate until hard. Yep, it tasted amazing and it was fool proof!"

So here I go!  Time to recreate her masterpiece!!!  We will call this recipe

Blow Your Mind Peanut Butter Fudge 

(1) 16.3 oz jar of creamy peanut butter
(1) jar vanilla frosting





put the 2 ingredients into a bowl (do not stir) and microwave for 1 minute

Now that it is melty-ish, go ahead and stir all of that deliciousness together!



Pour it into your pan.  Now, since I don't believe in wasting food, stick you face in the empty bowl and scrape the sides with your tongue.  Also, I skipped putting foil into the pan and actually used a foil pan!  Don't judge me!  I'm tired of dishes!

Now, here is where you can have a little fun if you want.  I decided to add a little white chocolate and a little semi sweet chocolate on opposite sides.


Now drizzle it on top and take a knife and carve it in





Now just pop it in the fridge until it is all set up.  Maybe about an hour.  

Now you can take it out and cut into squares OR since it's Valentine's Day you can do this

Grab a couple of heart cookie cutters and carefully cut heart shapes into the fudge.  Be gentle though.

TA DAAAAAA!!

ENJOY!

WAIT!!!!!!

I'm not done yet.  Want a cute little meal to enjoy with your kiddos on V-Day?

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and a Cup of Soup is the way to go!  

bread, butter, cheese, and a sprinkle of salt
Pop it in your skillet and brown each side



Take out of pan and let cool for a couple of minutes so you don't burn your fingers.  

Now you can either serve it alone

All alone on a cute red napkin.  (yes because again, I HATE DISHES)


OR Get all fancy Schmancy and cut a little slit in the sandwich and top your cute cup of soup with it!
This would make a great treat for the kiddos at dinner to share your love WITHOUT having to buy them things.  Plus, you can give them a piece of that super simple heart shaped fudge for dessert.  

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love always,
Story of a Girl


4 comments:

  1. Wow...this dessert looks great but also the heart shaped grilled cheese is awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog hop.
    Please come back again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness that fudge!! I love peanut butter

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay now I get to comment on the grill cheese! love the gc. love the heart sharped, got out my cookies cutters and made flower shaped one.

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...