affiliate_link

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Heaven and Hell

It's Mother's day!!  A day ALLLLLLLLLL ABOUT MEEEEEEEE!!!  Well, kinda.  My job must still go on even on a holiday dedicated to me.  My job is being a Mom.  So, like any good mom I did the basics.  Fed them, watered them, and last but certainly not least, kept them alive.  You know the drill, "If the kids are alive at 5"!  It's my motto!  I think I may make it my company mission statement.  



I actually did have a fabulous day.  The house is a mess, laundry is everywhere, the kids spent the day acting like rotten little hooligans but  I am sitting here smiling about my day.  Raising kids is pretty awesome.  I am so glad that this is my daily life.  Even if sometimes it is horrifying and irritating.  I am happy with the good and bad of motherhood.  I would not change a thing.  My kids are little balls of personality oozing shit, grins and giggles.  It's Heaven and Hell all wrapped up in one and you are traveling back and forth quite a few times with in a matter of seconds.

What part is Heaven and what part is Hell?

Heaven::My 7 year old making me a coupon Mother's Day card filled with little flowers and each flower has a coupon in it.  One says "take out the trash" another "hang up clothes" and so on.  It's beautiful and sweet and I was so happy to get it. 
Hell:: My 7 yr old made me a Mother's Day card filled with little flowers and each flower has a coupon in it.  One says "take out the trash" another "hang up clothes" and so on.   After he gave it to me and said "I hope you love it mama" and then hugged and kissed me, I opened it, read it and told him I really did love it.  What followed shocked me...  He looked at me and said "are you going to use the coupons???"  I said "well of course" and he replied "GOOD!  You have to pay me to do each thing on the coupon or they are void"  
Wait.....WHAT???? 

Heaven:::My 3 year old came up to me and said " I love you mama.  Wanna snuggle?"  Of course I want to snuggle.  We gotta take what we can get from him, he doesn't like to be all loving.  So I take advantage and enjoy the few moments when he does!
Hell:::My 3 year old came up to me and said " I love you mama.  Wanna snuggle?" Then after I get him in my lap he says "okay but only if I can play angry birds on your phone!" 

THANKS! BRAT!

Heaven:::Putting your kids in bed for the night and them saying "sweet dreams, Mom. Love you, Mom!" at the same time. 
Hell:::Putting your kids in bed for the night and them saying "sweet dreams, Mom. Love you, Mom!" at the same time.  THEN, they start fighting over who loves me more and why and then screaming follows with a loud crash and a bang and then of course a little crying and a bunch of "leave me alone's" and "I hate you's"

OMG!  JUST GO TO SLEEP!!

Yep, it's the best of both worlds.  A little bit of Heaven and a little bit of Hell but a whole lot of love!! When you have as much love, happiness and Heaven as our family does you can ignore the little bit Hell the accompanies us from day to day.  I couldn't ask for better kids, or a better life.  I'm not even sure that such a thing exists and I don't want to waste a second trying to find out!  

Mommy loves you sweet boys!!!!!!  (She loves you even more now that you've actually fallen asleep hehehe)

  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MY FELLOW MOM'S OUT THERE!!!

4 comments:

  1. I lol'd at Angry Birds. My punk son does that to me frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to laugh and smack him at the same time when he does that!!! LOL Boys learn how to play on their mom's emotions early in life. *sigh*

      Delete
  2. Okay, this was definitely one of the best Mother's Day posts I read. Laughed my butt off! I love how brutally honest kids can be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Honestly, I love their brutal honesty too. I'm enjoying it now because I know when they are teenagers they are going to lying little heathens LOL

      Delete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...