affiliate_link

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Little bit of Hospital Fun...

So, I broke down and went to the hospital.  Nothing like a little visit to "L&D".  The place where it's all questions full of initials that make me say "HUH?" So then they have to repeat it using the full term and waste their breathe.  Oh and being the wonderful patient that I am, I usually say "HUH?" even if I know what they are saying.  I know, I know, all of my nurse friends are flipping me the bird right now! 
Crap!  Sorry, wrong "bird" ;)

Yeah, that's right!  I am one giant ball of fun at the hospital!!  Seriously though!  The questions asked are quite funny and I can't help but be kind of an ass.  This is a real life conversation heard at the desk from my little curtained room.  (I love those rooms, you can hear EVERYTHING) Labor and Delivery has an intercom system.  If you are in need of medical attention or just visiting a laboring mommy you ring the buzzer outside of the door and then they figure out why you're there and decide if they want to let you in. LOL

BUZZZZZZZZZ....
Nurse::Yes, can I help you?
Lady::Yes, I'm in labor.
Nurse::How do you know?
Lady::My water broke.
Nurse::Okay, come on in.
(((LADY WADDLES IN)))
Nurse::Are you sure you're water broke?
Lady::Yes, I'm sure.
Nurse::How do you know?
Lady::Because there's a huge gushing puddle on your floor outside of that door....
Nurse::Well, okay then.  Welcome to L&D.

Oh and if conversations like that aren't enough to make you sit in your room, roll your eyes and snicker all in one, well, there's always the humor that your own family brings when they accompany you in your room.  While I am changing into my gown and peeing in my little cup, Heath takes the boys for a snack and a drink.  When they come back, the above mentioned lady from the dumbest conversation I've heard in a while was occupying the curtained room next to me.  Apparently the kids and Heath failed to remember my "room" and also assumed that I was still the only person there so they went ahead and barged on in on the lady in labor.  Hunter went running in WHILE the woman was being checked for dilation.  Yea...it was like on of those "That awkward moment when" meme's. 

Awkward Moment number 2,000,000,001
Your kid runs into a hospital room of a lady spread eagle on a hospital bed and yells 
"OHHHH NOOOOOO!!!! YOU'RE NOT MY MOMMY!!!
DADDY, THAT'S THE WRONG MOMMY"
as if he knows what HIS mommy should look like spread eagle on a hospital bed.

Anyway, after all that it turns out it is just a bad case of bronchitis.  They could only give me breathing treatments and send me away to buy some Robitussin because there is nothing safe for pregnant broads to take.  So looks like I will live in misery for a while longer.  Isn't being a parent great?! *please note sarcasm*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for giving me such a much needed laugh this morning! Hilarious post!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...