affiliate_link

Thursday, May 24, 2012

This weeks wrap up is brought to you by China...

...Or just inspired by the place.

#1.  I think my 7 year old son understands economics better than some of our elected officials.  This was a proud moment and quite a disturbing moment all in one.  We sat down for a meal today at one of my fave BBQ joints and Shane was wearing an American Flag pin.  He took the pin off his shirt and with most obnoxious, and embarrassingly, loud voice he exclaimed to the whole restaurant
 "What the heck is going on here??  I am wearing this AMERICAN flag pin and on it, it says "made in china".  What is wrong with this place?  Shouldn't our country be makin' these darn flag pins in our own country??  Don't they know China isn't the only place with the right tools??  I bet there's a lot of people who would love to make flag pins right here in Texas!!  Mom, why don't the make them here?  Is China the boss or something?"
Yeah, I was dumbfounded.  Why is it that a 7 year old asks all of the right questions but will probably never have an opportunity to receive an honest answer.  I am very proud to say he is our future America.  Even if I was a little embarrassed by very loud, Loud, LOUD manner he made his proclamation in.  At least he has a voice and an opinion AND as long as his opinion is the same as mine I will keep him! LOL 


Here is something to think about though!  haha


bahahaha




#2.  SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!  Yep!  I'm excited.  I won't have to hit a snooze button 5 days a week!  I won't have to be held back by a stupid school schedule.  I can go whenever I want!  OH SWEET FREEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!  We celebrated by having some FroYo at Nikki's.  I love taking the kids there.  It's easy.  We do it ourselves and the cashier isn't staring at us waiting for our order from 2 very indecisive children.  Seriously, ordering from a restaurant is a disaster if these kids have too many choices.  Half the time their empty little heads ignore the choices I give them and order something completely off the wall that isn't even on the menu.  We don't go to sit down restaurants with our kids without being prepared to leave a very large and gracious tip.  


#3.  You know you have reached the peak of motherhood when your kid screams "I HATE YOU" twice in one week.  That's right folks!  I have finally been given the best compliment a mother can receive from her child!  "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!" Yep, I am on the right parenting track.  I know some of you may be jealous that you haven't made it to my level yet.  Once you do though...sigh....it's like you know....you just know you have finally perfected your job!  It's like reaching the peak of Mt. Everest and if you could breathe that high up you would suck in every last ounce of fresh air, bask in the glory, and scream from your highest point at the top of your lungs "I DID IT, I MADE IT, I'VE ARRIVED and MY GOAL HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!!!!!!"   I'm so proud of myself I think I just wiped a tear.  Could have been sweat though, never know with these pregnancy hot flashes....


#4.  The baby countdown has officially begun!  Yesterday I reached the "100 days left" mark and today, well, obviously I only have 99 days until my due date.  Why is it we get pregnancy amnesia?  Seems like we complain the whole pregnancy and then miss it when it's gone.  Hormones are a terrible, terrible joke.  I don't think it's "Auntie Flo" that is our curse from Eve, I this it's the hormones that cause all of this!!  I am so freakin' miserable but I know the moment I get this baby in my house I am going to be wishing I wouldn't have rushed it and praying for the clouds to part, and the sun to shine through and a miracle that results in a newborn that sleeps through the night and I'll be crying to God, "Please Lord, just put her back!!!"  I guess we can't put them back because God knows it's all crazy talk by overly hormonal women!  I won't even start with the horrible cravings that make that whole "you only need to gain 20-25 lbs" theory a very unreachable!  As if we don't feel bad enough about ourselves when we aren't knocked up, we should torture ourselves more by having giant bellies.  OH and lets subject ourselves to constant weighting and ridicule about what goes into our bodies.  ICK!  Enough about all of this...it turned sour LOL


#5.  My 3 year old little darling is an artist!  He has been creating masterpieces for the last week.  It's not just any kind of fabulous 3 yr old artwork.  He is going above and beyond and making his Mommy beautiful murals!!  Isn't that great??  I love his artistic talent but I hate it being displayed via crayon on dry wall.  I wish he would let me decide myself where I want to display his talent!  I'm thinking I am going to only buy crayons, markers and colored pencils that are the same shade as the paint on our walls.  It's either that, or chalkboard paint every wall and piece of furniture in our home, or possibly chop off his tiny, adorable, yet oh SO destructive little fingers!






Well, that's this weeks wrap up!  Not the most exciting but we made it our alive and (for the most part) that is something to write home about!   

2 comments:

  1. i'll buy him some of those crayola magic wonder marker thingamabobs that only work on special paper and you can throw away everything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Remember the show "Rugrats"? He is Tommy Pickle and has things stashed in his diaper!!! I SWEAR!!!!!!! LOL

      Delete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...