affiliate_link

Friday, May 11, 2012

High Five Friday!!

Well, this week has had it's ups and downs.  I had written about one of the downs in my previous blog post.  So,  I think this one will be my weeks highlights.  We can call it Friday's high 5!  haha


You totally did it, didn't you?? hehehe




1.  Heath got to come home for a day last week.  YES, 1 WHOLE DAY! LOL  I'm sure your are thinking "wow...a day.. let us know when he he is home a little longer and the we will cheer for you"  haha This was special for us because Hunter's birthday was on the 4th and Heath almost didn't get to come home for a whole other week.  Then we got a phone call on the 5th and he said to get our butts to Dallas and get him!  So we left, picked him up and got home at midnight.  I whipped up a birthday cake for Hunter Sunday morning and we actually got to have a family birthday for my sweet 3 yr old!!  I have to admit, I was nervous about the short amount of time I had to put the cake together but for a last minute bake off and for an amateur I think it turned out pretty decent.  Hunter has been crying for a "Mickey Cake" since Shane had his birthday in January.  So here is is!


Not great but Hunter LOVED it and I know he did because he isn't to that age yet where he tries to NOT hurt my feelings. LOL


2.  My oldest child thinks I am a psychotic animal murderer!!!!  On our drive from Abilene to Dallas we were driving along and we were just passed Eastland when I saw something in the road.  I swerved to miss it and Shane says, in his most obnoxious, I know everything, voice "Ummm...Mom, why did you just swerve as if you don't know how to drive?"  To which I reply "Excuse me young man, that tone of voice is unacceptable!  I swerved because there was a turtle in the road!"  Too which HE replies "UGH!  GEEEEEZ!!!!!  WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU BE SO MEAN AND TRY TO KILL A POOR TURTLE!!"  Me, as shocked and sarcastic as possible, replied::" Really Shane?  Really??  That's what you took from that explanation?  Yes, every time I swerve it is to KILL the animal.  Get real, hitting a turtle with my car would not leave it in tact enough for me to turn it into soup!  DUH!"  He finally shut up!!

3.  We went to May Farm for Shane's end of the year field trip.  Being there always makes me hungry!!   I see the cows and chickens, turkeys and pigs and all I can think is "DINNER!!!"  Stop wrinkling your nose in horror!  Next time you go to a farm you will think of this post and get hungry too!  Anyway,  when it was time for the kids to learn about the cow Ms. May informed the kids that the lipstick mommy wears on her lips comes from cows.  Shane asked me never to kiss his cheeks with my cow lips again!! LOL

4.  I have made a few surprising threats this passed week.  I threatened to take away my children's bed because they weren't sleeping like I told then too.  Then I threatened to chop off their tongues when they started fighting.  After that I threatened to take away all of their clothes except underwear because they wouldn't put them in the dirty clothes.  After that I informed Hunter I would pull all of his teeth because he wouldn't stop brushing them.  My favorite for the week though is when I told them I was going to take them to the park and leave them with a "Free to a good home" sign.  I actually made the sign and showed them.  It didn't seem to phase them though.....they both went and put their shoes on and asked if they could take their bikes.  Little brats are starting to call my bluff!!  

5.  Even after all of the above mentioned threats, I was still called "THE BEST MOM EVER!!!"  I can only figure one of two reasons behind that compliment from my children.  One, they are scared I will actually follow through with those threats or, reason two being, they really DON'T listen to a word that comes out of my mouth so they never heard the awful things I said to begin with.  HAHA

Wish I would have though to do this first. LOL

4 comments:

  1. That mickey cake is awesome!! Super cute :) And this whole post made me laugh so hard. ~Cornfed Farm Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was excited about it. Wishing I would have had a little more time though. It's been a fun week and I am looking forward to another week of adventures this next week! LOL

      Delete
  2. I thought this was great! I giggled through the whole thing. You are a great mom and I am so happy that you share your life story. All parents should love their children the way you do. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...