affiliate_link

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This is a PSA about School Drop Off.


 At school, there is a drop off lane and a parking lot.  You have two options when taking your child to school.  You can, (a) Drop them off via the "drop off lane" or (b) Park in the lot and walk them to the building.  I'm assuming this is the case at most schools.  Public or Private.  

Personally, I always choose "a".  Mostly, because it's quick, easy, what my kid prefers, AND I am usually wearing pajamas during the drop off process, and my child would be mortified if I walked him up to the front door, in front of all his friends, wearing my pink gingerbread man pajama bottoms and my St. Louis Cardinals hoodie.  Let's not forget the fact that 9 times out of 10 I also don't have on a bra!!  Yes, I am that lazy in the morning!!

Anyway,  it seems the definition of "drop off" is lost on some folks.  I would like to take a moment and clear up any confusion some may have about how to use the drop off lane.

When you choose to use the drop off lane, you should do just that.  Drop your damn kid off! Right?  Well, not at our school.  NOOOOOOO!!  



There is always at least one parent that is sitting there, holding up the entire line watching their kid walk all the way to the door, then turn around, walk halfway back and wave at the parent, then run back to the door, then turn around run half way back and blow kisses, then turn around run back to the door, stop, wave again, and then finally when the teacher gets sick of it, she grabs the kid and takes her/him inside.  

Then you have the parent who pulls up to the door and they just sit there.  You begin to wonder if they even have kids or if they are actually stalking the school to find the perfect kid to kidnap.  Then 5 minutes later a kid does, in fact, finally emerge from the car.  The child shuts the car door, runs to the school, only to realize they left their backpack in the car.  The child proceeds to run back, grab it and then run back to the building, all the while, mom/dad are just watching.  

Last of all, we have the parent who pulls up in the drop off lane, gets out of the car, opens the child's door for them, and then walks them to the door.  Ten hugs later and the rest of us get to move up and drop our kids off.  



To these three types of parents, I have something to say, "CUT THE DAMN CORD!!"  Your kid is in the 2nd grade and perfectly capable of opening a door and walking to the school.  If you believe your child is not capable of these things, USE THE PARKING LOT!!  Park your car, get out, open your sweet baby's door for him/her, hold their hand, and walk them to the school.  Spare the rest of us the drama though.  There is a teacher at the door, watching to make sure your kid gets in safely.  You don't have to sit there and watch too.  You need to move so the rest of us can get our kids dropped off too. Tell your kid, "goodbye, I love you, have a great day and stay out of trouble so I don't have to beat you later" on the drive to the school, or as you're pulling in to the lot.  That way when you pull up to the doors, you can give them the boot, and we can all move on with our day in a quick, smooth, and orderly fashion.  CUT THE MUSHY CRAP IN THE DROP OFF LANE!  

RANT.OVER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so with you. When we pull into the school lot, I have ZJ unbuckle (we're at a snail's pace immediately), I have her grab her back pack, tell her to have a good day and that I love her. When it's our turn, she's out the door and in the school. Takes 10 seconds. Why can't everyone else plan ahead as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! Drives me insane!!!! I'm too tired in the morning for this kind of drama! LOL

      Delete
  2. I remember when we went to pick Shane up, they were being ridiculous! There should be a sign that says, "NO STOP ZONE, OPEN DOOR, PUSH KID OUT AND BE ON YOUR WAY. DON'T EVEN STOP! JUST PUSH!" IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE DROP OFF, DON'T BOTHER WITH THE PICK UP! THEY WILL BE ON THE BUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered not stopping. The darn teacher watching would probably call cps though LOL

      Delete
  3. Also, after all that,
    They want to take a left at the end of the loop
    back into the line of cars waiting to drop their kids off!
    So you you end up with cars stuck trying to move up,
    but can't because of these idiots,
    And these idiots can't get out because there's a line of cars waiting to drop off!
    Yet, if you take a right you can go around the block and back to the main road in either direction.
    Don't these people realize I haven't had my coffee yet? .... they are playing with their lives!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...