affiliate_link

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Semi-Homemade Saturday::Cheesy Potato Skillet

Holy smokes!  I just realized it was Saturday!  I usually write my Saturday posts on Friday night.  This time change crap has thrown me completely off my game....well, what little game I have....ha ha

This weeks Semi-Homemade Saturday is going to be a simple side dish!  It is one of my favorite things to throw together.  It goes great with just about anything!  I made these to go along with an Applewood Smoked Bacon Encrusted Pork Loin Roast.  Don't get all crazy on me folks!  I'm not going all fancy on ya!  The pork loin was pre-seasoned and encrusted with all of that goodness prior to my purchase.  I just threw it in the crockpot with a stick of butter and a 1/2 cup of yummy Cupcake brand Sauvignon Blanc white wine.  

Okay, back to the real star of the show!  I  now present to you::

Cheesy Potato Skillet

Olive Oil
1 bag Southwest style hashbrowns
1 bag seasoning blend 
1 bag Hormel crumbled bacon (I use peppered)
1 bag Fiesta Blend shredded cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste



In a large skillet pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom. 
Heat on med. high heatto about 350 degrees.  
(I just heat it until a drop of water makes the oil pop lol)
Dump in half the bag of hashbrowns
pour in about 1/3 of the bad of seasoning blend (from a 12 oz bag)
Dump in half the bag of bacon
salt & pepper to taste
Let cook on med high for about 10 minutes
flip potatoes over, flatten and let cook until it is done to your liking. ( I say this because I like my potatoes crisp on top and soft in the middle.  Some like theirs soft all around.  In this case lower the temp and cover them.  It will give them a more steamed and soft effect. )
Now, turn the heat down to med. low and throw some cheese on top.  I typically use 1/2 the bad.  Then pour the other half bad of crumbled bacon on.  Let cook until cheese is melted.   
This is typically a 20 minute side dish for me.  
This would also be great garnished with some sour cream and chives.  Both of which my kids hate so I didn't use. 



FINISHED PRODUCT




Thanks for stopping by today!  
Happy Saturday.



2 comments:

  1. that looks so good. I'm going to have to try that soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy looking. hope mine turns out looking like that. haha

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...