affiliate_link

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Very Important Day!

I am a politics junkie!  I soak up information like a sponge.  I think I surprise a lot of people with my strong conservatism.  My beliefs have caused many debates and tons of outrage among my liberal friends.  In the end though, I have respect for all of my friends that take the time to learn about the candidate they support and follow through with their convictions.  It does not matter how wrong I may believe you are, I am still proud of  you for being an American and one who does their duty!

I find one of my most important roles as a Mom is to instill values in my children.   I don't want them to be flaky, slackers, who don't give a shit about where our country is headed.  I want to make sure my kids know that their decision DOES affect their future! I believe it is selfish, lazy, and irresponsible for those who are legal United States Citizens to not take part in something that I believe is their duty!  It truly angers me when I read "I hate politics" or "I refuse to vote because they both suck".  If you think one didn't do their job in the last 4 years then vote for someone else.  Give someone else a chance.  You can NOT know they suck if they haven't been given the chance to suck.  Are people not aware that the ballot has more than a Republican and Democratic candidate on it?  That there is also the "Green Party" and the "Libertarian Party" on there?  You have choices.  Please stop making excuses for your laziness and take advantage of a freedom that a lot of people in other countries DON'T get and ROCK THE DAMN VOTE!!

I took Hunter and Addy to the polls with me today.  I explained what we were doing (to the 3 year old not the baby hehe) He insisted he was going to vote for Mickey.  I was so proud that he was thinking about who he really liked.  He stood next to me while I voted and he reached over and tugged at the bottom of my shirt.  I leaned down and asked what he needed.  He replied with "I need you to remember I want to vote for Mickey"  It was so cute!!  It was also inspiring to see such a young child take an interest and make sure that Mommy remembered who he wanted to vote for in this election.  It makes me smile.  It also gives me a glimmer of hope that this child, our countries future, does want to be involved...even if it is Mickey he wants in office.




The oldest came home later and informed me that he got to vote at school.  He said the vote was secret and the teachers didn't ask who they chose.  He told me he voted for Romney because he was tired of his dad not being able to take a day off work because things cost so much.  This is through the eyes of a child.  He never asked me why Daddy worked ALL THE TIME and he isn't completely wrong in his assumptions.  The job his Daddy is working on was funded by Obama Stimulus money.  HOWEVER,  the funding was cut by the administration and they were given an impossible task to complete in a very short amount of time, or the company will lose the money.  So, now Heath is working 12+ hours everyday until the job is completed.  This just goes to show kids DO pay attention to what's going on around them.  They may not completely understand the issues, but the idea that they understand there are issues for them to worry about is a HUGE accomplishment.  

I do not want or need to know who you voted for this year.  I just want you to know how happy it makes me that you exercised one of your rights!

Goodnight Friends and HAPPY ELECTION DAY!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I tried to tell him it was a risky choice. Mickey is known to let other girls besides Minnie in his clubhouse. hahaha

      Delete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...