affiliate_link

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Messy Cake, Motorcycles, and Makeup. My weekend wrap up.

I have been planning a weekend trip to San Antonio for a couple of months now.  I really wanted to be there when Liz, Funny Postpartum Lady's daughter turned 1.  I have been watching her grow up since she was born last April.  I met her when I started my own blogging adventures while pregnant with my third.  One thing led to another, and after my daughter was born I was given the opportunity to work with her.  It only seemed fitting that I take the time out to partake in this special occasion.  SOOOOOOOOO, I packed up my fanciest yoga pants and all of my non spit-up stained shirts, grabbed my kids and hit the road!!

Of course, when taking these trips I ALWAYS start out looking something like this:


But by the end of the road trip I typically look something like this:



Only with LESS enthusiasm.  

The trip was your typical frustrating kind of trip when you travel alone with 3 kids.  It started out with the kids saying:
Kids: "This is going to be sooooooooooo fun!!!"
Me: Uh Huh

"Mom, I gotta pee."
Me: you couldn't do that before we left.  We've only been on the road for 30 minutes.

"He won't stop touching me"
Me: Hands to yourselves or mommy will cut them off!

"How much longer"
Me: We will get there when we get there, now hush!

Baby: "wahhhhhhhhhhh"
Me: (driving with one knee making bottle with hands) Shane please give Addy her bottle.
Shane: (huffing) FINE!!!!

"I'm hungry"
Me: Eat your hands, maybe it will keep you guys from touching each other

"I have to pee again"
Me:  Are you effing kidding me???  We just stopped to eat, you couldn't pee there??

"I'm thirsty"
Me: You're going to have to shrivel up into a dried up piece of jerky because this mamma is NOT stopping again!!  I would like to make it there TODAY!

"Why is it taking so long Mom???" 
Me: because you won't stop peeing and now all this pee talk has made me need to pee.  Thanks a lot.  Now we have to stop again!

"Are we there yet??"
Me:  Yes we are here.  I just thought I would drive around town and waste gas for a little while so that I could see how many times you would need to eat, pee, drink, and ask me if we are there yet!  Talk again and I cut your tongue off!!  

We finally make it.  I call Liz, she meets us at the gate.  She asks how our trip was, and in true mom fashion I say "It was great, Thanks!!"  Was it great?  Nooooooooooo.  Can I say that?  Nooooooooooo.  Why?  Because if I live in denial long enough and pretend that we always have a great time on our family trips maybe that's how the kids will remember them.  

When we got into the wonderful room Liz secured for us, the kids and I freshened up, and by that I mean we rubbed baby wipes over our bodies and I put another coat of make up on, then we met up with Liz and her family for dinner on the River Walk.  It was such a gorgeous evening! 


After dinner we did a little shopping, played dress up like all normal adult women do when they are together. Then we got some ice cream for the kids and did a little people watching.  Well, I was people watching, not sure if everyone else was.  





After we had finally exhausted ourselves and our children, we headed back to our beds and crashed! We had to, there was going to be a birthday the next day!!  

Saturday came.  We went to the park, set up for the party and enjoyed the gorgeous day!  Baby E looked adorable in her Tutu while shoving cake in her face.  I love cheering on messy cake eating babies and laughing at their inevitable sugar coating, followed by the insane sugar crash! (when they aren't mine).  












After the birthday, I packed the kiddos up and headed to visit family who happens to live in town.  We headed over to my cousins house where we also met up with my aunt and uncle.  We ended up all going out to dinner.  It started out as a typical family visit.  Hugs, kisses, passing the baby around, kids playing with each other.  HOWEVER, Nothing is ever that normal for long in my life.  




My cousin and me

My Uncle with Baby A


My cousins wife visiting with the princess

My Aunt with the Princess

As you can see from the pics, they all ride motorcycles.  By the end of this evening I will have had my fill of motorcycles.  My cousin asked me if I wanted to go for a ride on his new bike.  Sure, I say, what's the worst that could happen?, I say.
 Here is a pic of the bike:




Here is what the company has to say about the bike.  (I am just now reading about it.  I decided to look it up after the "ride" I had.)

"The Suzuki Hayabusa Limited Edition, quite simply, isn't for everyone. With performance credentials that have established it as the most exciting sportbike on the planet, it's designed for serious sport riders who will settle for nothing less than the best. If that's you, and if you choose to ride the Hayabusa, you'll be rewarded with a riding experience you'll never forget. Its combination of unsurpassed power, crisp handling and superb aerodynamics creates the ultimate sport bike."


Yea....this is NOT the kind of bike a mom of 3 should be riding....

But, I did.



We went WAY.TO.FAST.  I nearly peed myself because, like I said, I am a mom of THREE.  I lost all bladder control this last baby havin' go 'round.  It's bad. Anymore babies and I may as well just skip going to the bathroom and just walk around peeing myself like a geriatric patient in an old folks home.  I seriously had to check my crotch after this ride to be sure it was still dry.  He won't tell me how fast we went BUT last  time I looked down it was at 90 mph and then I couldn't keep my head down after that.  Then the wheelie occurred and the need to pass out, or puke came on.  

I made it.  I'm alive.  I'm not sure I can ever do that again!!  haha



Me and the princess decided that we needed to stick with bikes that have training wheels.  Like the stylish and very girly Can-Am.

Doesn't the princess look so tough in her yellow and white polka dot dress???  hehe

After the night ended, I went back to my hotel room, and we all went to bed!!  We decided to stay an extra day but with my Uncle rather than in the hotel.  First I needed to visit with Liz.  I really enjoyed my my visit with her.  The kids played, ate lunch, and then spent the afternoon at the park while Liz and I played with some makeup she is doing a review and giveaway for.  You can find it by clicking HERE.  We had fun playing in the makeup and the colors were really pretty on her.  Even though her face needs NO makeup!  




After finishing the makeup, I gathered up the kids, and said my goodbyes.  Then headed over to my Aunt and Uncles house.  We all chatted and then realized we needed to feed the kids dinner.  So we took them to CiCi's Pizza.  The kids chowed on their favorite thing in the whole entire world to eat and then grabbed every quarter they could manage to dig out of my purse, and headed to the game room.  Later we hear this pounding, look over and see my cousin's son beating the gum ball machine.  Kicking it, punching it, people are staring at him.  My Aunt tells my uncle to go see what the hell he is doing.  My uncle says "No, I'm not messing with it" and laughs.  My Aunt says she will take care of it then and huffs off.  Then my uncle and I hear the pounding noise again.  Now my Aunt is helping him!  My uncle and I joke about sneaking out and leaving those crazy people behind but instead we just sit there, laugh, and shake our heads.  It's the kind of shit you see in the movies, with the redneck families.  That's us.  We are the ridiculous redneck family.  hehehe  

After that drama, we headed back to their house where my uncle promptly fell asleep with my 3 year old.  hehe  He can make any child fall asleep.  It's ridiculous but awesome!!  LOL



All in all, it was a fantastic trip!  I enjoyed all of it.  Including the craziness.  When you don't have family in town it's a nice treat to be able to spend the weekend visiting when you can.  I'm hopeful that we can visit more often when the oldest is out of school.  

Thank you to Liz, and my family as well for hosting my kids and me for the weekend!  







3 comments:

  1. All I can say is, Liz has a beautiful daughter. The trip sounds like fun and yes, my nephew Keith is still on my bad list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip. The car ride had me cracking up as I just did that last weekend with my two and wanted to strangle them.
    New follower from the hop. Hope you can stop by sometime: http://www.mommysjuice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun except for the motorcycle ride!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...