affiliate_link

Friday, March 22, 2013

Someone Pass Me the Texas Driving Manual...

So I can smack a million people with it!!!

I've been trying to refrain from writing on this subject.  Just the thought of it makes me go all kinds of crazy.  It also makes me angry!  Sooooooo angry!! After what I witnessed today, I realized I've had enough!

I.NEED.TO.VENT.

I'm sure this is an issue that I know irritates a lot of people and I think it needs to be on the front burner!  All of you gun control activists can shove it!  The real problem we are facing in this country are our drivers!!  (This really isn't a gun control debate though.  I am just using it for the dramatic effect. Don't start it here.  You will lose against me.  I heart guns) 



Moving on...

The reason I am comparing this to gun control, is not because driving accidents are splattered all over our news.  When a local breaking news alert pops across our screen it is typically one of three things; wild fires, boil water order, OR fatal car crash.  It is an extremely rare to hear about fatal shootings.  While they do happen, accidents have killed a whole lot more people around here.  

Let me explain further.  There are a whole lot of people crammed into our town.  The roads are packed a lot.  Driving in this town reminds me of watching a football game.  When I watch football it seems like a huge jumbled mess with BIG guys coming from every angle.  I was always taught to practice defensive driving.  Here there are seriously teams.  I swear!!!  There have to be some sort of secret practices that I wasn't invited too.  When I get out on these roads and drive it feels like someone threw me the ball and 100 big men are running toward me.  I just want curl up in a ball in the middle of the field and pray that the 100 big men don't all plow into me, leaving me at the bottom of a very serious, and huge pile up!!!  I've never witnessed such a high amount of offensive players in this driving "game".  People around here are constantly practicing offensive driving though.  Then there are those of us stuck constantly playing defense.  Trying to protect ourselves and our team (family).   

Around here people don't stop at the stop signs when coming off of these tiny little roads.  They just go.  Not a care in the world.  Are three quarters of my town suicidal?  Could that be the issue.  I drive by at least one accident a day.  Not kidding.  Oh and seriously, no one can do the speed limit or even stick to the speed limit they chose.  I passed someone earlier because they were doing 40 in a 55 and then as soon as I did that, they hit their gas, rode my ass, didn't even bother to pull my hair or make me scream, then passed me and slowed back down to 40.  Really people?  Is it an insecurity thing?  Does it make people feel like a lesser person if they are passed??  I don't understand.  Another thing.  Is it really necessary when there are two lanes and one is empty, and one has me in it, for people to pull out right in front of me and NOT get into the empty lane??  Seriously folks!!  If my kids weren't always with me I would have hit so many people on purpose!  Not.Joking.  If I'm alone, I will not hit my breaks! 

Also, there are turn lane which only about 40% of the drivers around her use.  Most put their blinker on and stay in the driving lane.  Then there are those people turning right who don't even bother to use a signal.  OMG and FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, if there is no passing lane and the speed limit is 45 do at least that!  Don't do 35 or 40.  Some of us have things to do and screaming kids to do them with!  Focus people!  FOCUS!!  

Oh and then there was yesterday.  Two neighbors passed each other.  I was behind them.  The one in front of me promptly slammed on their breaks in my neighborhood as did the other and the persisted to chit chat with me waiting behind them.  HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!! 

I could seriously write an entire book on this subject but I will leave you with the store that really got my goat.  Yes, I just typed "got my goat" and I have no effing clue why!  

I was on one of our busiest roads here in good ol' Abilene,TX when someone slammed on their breaks in the LEFT lane to let someone in a black and hot pink mustang exit a parking lot.  Note, that I said left lane.  That means if no one in the right lane stopped to let this car out the left lane would get backed up.  Venture to guess if anyone in the right lane stopped?  Care to guess which lane I happened to be in?  Yes, I was in the backed up left lane traffic bumper to bumper, while the right lane was just zooming by with no chance of getting over.  FINALLY, someone in the right lane stopped and let the girl go. Did the girl go?  NO.  Everyone was flagging her to go, but she didn't.  Now 2 lanes of traffic are backing up.  Finally the girl goes.  All while my popsicles are in the trunk of my car melting into nothing. The girl, in the pink and black mustang with pink license plates that said "Icheer" held up all of this traffic and it turned out the damn cheerleader needed a freakin' cheering section to get her to actually go!   Everyone cheer with me now "LET'S GO, HIT THE GAS, LET'S GO" *CLAP, CLAP, CLAP*

There are more legal irresponsible car owners than there are gun owners.  Take away their damn cars!  If I foul up while driving, I always wave and mouth "I'm sorry".  It's rare to see though.  One guy nearly side swiped me, I honked at him to let him know I was there and he rolled his window down and gave me the finger and called me a bitch.  This is the kind of crap that goes on all day every day!  Make these morons stop!!!!!!!!!  

RANT OVER
Only because I have a few shows to catch up on and I really want some popcorn.  


6 comments:

  1. Omg I love this!!! I live in southeast Texas (Beaumont area) and I always thought the "Welcome To Texas, Drive Friendly the Texas Way" signs were a JOKE! If someone isn't holding up traffic they are driving crazy and erratic. Houston traffic scares the mess out of me. You said everything I see and think daily! I could go on but you pretty much said it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the hop! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I got to your blog to be honest, button on someones page??!!maybe:) but anyways this post is great and I am a new follower!

    www.meetthebrowns20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I was just thinking Texas sounded like such a nice place to live, lol. :)

    I had an old guy cut me off in FL once, in a parking lot, and I had a new baby w/me so I looked at him like he was crazy and he flipped me off, lolol. It still makes me laugh, he looked like he was 90 and he had anger issues. Pffft

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this very much. You know it happens here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and I really enjoyed the cheer! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...