affiliate_link

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Fairy Tale Life....

"Dear God,
Thank you for this WONDERFUL food that mom has prepared for our family, so we can live...instead of starve and die...
and God, thank you for our WONDERFUL mom........who lets us live.
That is all, Love Shane.
Amen!"

This is an example of how my week has went....an example of a normal week in our house.  As I am typing this my darling 2 year old is throwing away all of the dishes out of my dishwasher because he is trying to "help me".  Excuse me a moment while I go dig them out of the trash and debate whether or not Shane will be "Thanking God" for allowing them to live come tomorrow.......


Okay, I'm back after a long debate as to whether or not I should leave those dishes in the trash or to actually dig them out.  I did, in fact, dig them out.  I can't afford more dishes at this moment.  Reconsidering dinner at my house yet? haha


I guess it isn't as bad as the time I had caught Hunter licking every single cooking utensil I own and putting them back in the drawer.  Only God knows how long he had been doing that and how many times I pulled out that nasty spoon licked by the mouth of a dirty little toddler who puts EVERYTHING imaginable in his mouth.  I am shuttering at the thought.  BLAH! 


Oh and speaking of putting nasty stuff in his mouth.  (this is a good one)
Yesterday, Hunter came running in the living room screaming and crying.  His brother, decided it would be funny to take a peanut, a whole peanut (the ones that come in the shell) and hold it up and tell Hunter his penis fell off.  Hunter proceeded to shove it in his diaper and run out screaming and crying that his penis fell off!!!!
To which I obviously, being the great mom that I am, start laughing hysterically and say "Let me see".  He pulls the PEANUT out of his diaper and I start laughing again.  The poor kid is heart broken and upset that he had clearly lost a very important body part.  I looked at him, smiled and said "Sweetheart, that is NOT your penis, that is a peanut...the kind you eat!"  He smiled at me and said "Really?"  I said "yes honey, don't worry, Shane was just teasing you!!"  He smiled again and asked me if I wanted to eat it.  I told him no and to throw it away.  He responded to me by putting the peanut in his mouth.  Yeah.....the whole peanut....the one that was just in his diaper....the diaper I hadn't changed in at least an hour and a half.....


Did you just throw up a little in your mouth?


Me too....


Kind of like I did earlier today while I was on the phone with my Mom....


Hunter and Shane were outside playing with their new sidewalk chalk when suddenly Hunter comes in crying and yelling 
"MAMA!!! I CAN'T GET MY PANTS BACK ON!!!!!!"
to which I obviously reply
"Why are your pants off??"
to which Shane (who had just walked in) replies
"Oh, he just wanted to pee in the yard like I always do."


WHAT???  


YOU PEE IN MY YARD??


All I could think was....I walk around BARE FOOT in that yard.  YUCK!


Have you scheduled that appointment to have your tubes tied yet?


No?


Good idea!!  


I love these kids!  Adore them.  They make me so happy!!  Even when they are driving me insane I can't help but giggle.  They have made my life worth living!!  How could you NOT want this in your life??


This couldn't be anymore truer. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so funny that Shane is picking up your sarcasm! He gets to do to Hunter, what you do to him! LOL
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...