affiliate_link

Friday, April 27, 2012

Mostly I stand around being fantastic all day....

but today, I will stand around being fantastic while being thankful!  You know me, always multi-tasking!


Well, there is a lovely lady whose blog I follow.  She always makes me laugh.  Today she issued a challenge to everyone to think of 10 things they are thankful for.  So, as a person who CANNOT pass up a challenge, I was compelled to to do this!  You can go check out her list of 10 and the challenge at her blog You Know it Happens at Your House Too.  She is very funny!  It's nice to follow a blog written by another "real" mom. 


Okay, enough about her!!  This is about me!!! 

So, here we go.  This weeks thankfulness list (in no particular order).  Let's see if I can come up with ten whole things from this week!! hahaha


1.  I am SUPER thankful that the bathroom is directly across from my bedroom!  This baby currently has me peeing more than an un-neutered male tom cat marking every patch of carpet in your home!  It's over the top ridiculous and I am only in my second trimester.  I barely make it to the toilet!! It feels like this little girl is kicking my bladder, non stop, all night, with sparkly, rhinestone encrusted, steel toed cowgirl boots!!

I think she is going to be born wearing these!!!


2.  I am thankful for my very small house!!  I am far too tired to be cleaning our old 1645 sq ft home and am thrilled that this week I only had to clean our 890 sq ft home.  When I said I wanted a smaller home, I MEANT IT!!  It may get messy faster but if someone calls and says "hey, I am going to stop by in about 20 minutes"  I can actually straighten the house up BEFORE they get here!! I am going to be sad when the baby comes and we have to move though. Until then, I will choose to soak in every wonderful minute I have in our tiny, easy to clean home!  No matter how hard I work to clean though my house will always be in the state of the poem described below.  That's okay though, I do love being a mom to boys!



Describes my house perfectly


3.  This is something I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY thankful for!  Restaurants that have play places!!!  May seem stupid to some people but it is pure HEAVEN for me!!  With Heath being out of town ALL.THE.FREAKING.TIME things tend to get very trying around here.  Play places are where I take the kids when I need to relax.  That's right folks!  A lot of parents hate them but I can't help but want to hug the McDonald's clown and the Chick-Fil-A cow.  The kids disappear and play for an hour and I get to eat a dinner in peace without them nagging at me.  It's like a vacation!! 

Thing 1 and Thing 2 playing with each other instead of nagging mommy!!
Beautiful isn't it??

4.  This one may also sound crazy to some but next on the list are Hunter's tantrums!  Oh how I love a good tantrum!  They make me giggle.  That may sound mean but this kid can throw some seriously funny tantrums!!  Today, when I told him it was nap time he started crying and yelling and then he proceeded to run around in circles and flapping his arm like a bird who was desperately trying to take flight.  I was laughing so hard I hurt my ribs!! I love that boy!!  Oh pic number 3 is my fave! LOL





5.  I had to stop for a pop!  Which brings me to one of my most important and most used kitchen gadget! It's a bottle opener.  Don't know the exact name of it but it is the ONLY useful thing my idiot ex-husband ever bought for me!! It has never failed me!!  I can get all bottles open with this...well, except wine bottles.  OH unless they are screw tops like my always favorite and perfect fall back bottle of wine, Reunite's Lambrusco! Which I am sure will make my top 10 thankful list AFTER "Little Miss No Name" comes!!  Anyway, here is a pic!  If you don't own one and don't have a man around very often to open your jars and bottles, GET ONE!!!  Best invention ever!


Looks like a weird torture device huh?

6.  My weeks list would not be honest or complete without the food that makes me the most happy during this pregnancy.  With my two boys it was McDonald's hamburgers and french toast.  With "Little Miss" it is none other than Subway!!!! OH EM GEEEEEEE!!!  I can't get enough Subway!!  So much so that when I ask Hunter what he wanted to eat one day, he replied with "I wanna eat fresh, Mama".  Turkey, white american cheese, lettuce, lots of onion, pickles and spicy mustard on italian bread!! I would eat it every single day if I could afford it!  I tried to make it at home and it just isn't the same.  >Insert big sigh here<

If I were to see this while out, I would knock him out and steal his costume!!
Then, I would run around town break dancing in it! haha 

7.  My iPhone!!!!!!!!  Oh how I love it!!  It is my best friend and worst enemy all wrapped up into one!! I can say "Okay, time for bed!" on my facebook status from my PC and then get into bed as promised and open my facebook app on my phone and see all of the "goodnight's" from people and then continue to post stuff!  It also keeps my children entertained while I get a haircut or go to the doctor.  It's like a mini hand held babysitter!  Can't get any better than that! 

This made me giggle! hehehe

8.  I'm thankful that life isn't taken too seriously in our home.  I couldn't imagine living in an uptight house full of perfect parenting methods!  My kids rock and it's because I rock at raising them! Will I win "Mother of the Year" anytime soon?  Probably not but that depends on who is doing the nominating.  Who cares though!  I love my smart ass kids and I love even more that they are just like me!! 


How flippin' adorable are they??  Looks can be deceiving! hehe

9.  I am thankful for this blog!!  Oh how I love, Love, LOVE, having an outlet!  I would go crazy keeping everything bottled up inside.  I love spilling my guts and letting others have the option to care or not care.  This blog is my story, it's my life, and it makes me happy!  Who doesn't like to be happy?? It has pissed people off, it has made people cry, it has brought laughter, and it has brought judgement by others.  It is, however, the world as I see and experience it!  Oh and it is much easier than keeping a journal! 


Yes, this is me!

10.  We are at the end and it has been very hard to come up with 10 things.  This truly was a challenge!  One I am thankful for.  So the tenth thing I am thankful for are all of the challenges I face everyday.  That's right!  I am grateful for them.  I would be a lot less appreciative of life if it didn't bring on the occasional challenge.  My biggest challenge this week?  Mowing the yard!!!!!  Sounds dumb but Texas heat plus pregnancy plus a push mower than has a pull cord and needs primed equals a huge frustrated pregnant chick!!  Especially when her 2 year old is pointing and laughing at her.  None the less I got it done and I am thankful for the challenge.  Mostly because I used the sheer exhaustion as an excuse to order Pizza, my fave pizza, Pepperoni and Jalapeno!!!  Oh and a Cinnapie!  Man I love Jalapenos!! Maybe I should start adding those to me Subway sandwiches!!!  And now I am off topic!!  haha  


Ummmm.....hell yea!!! Just remind me to hide my Prozac from my lawn!





Well, time to wrap this up!  I just got a phone call and I am trying to figure out who it is.  They keep calling from a blocked number and speaking to me in Spanglish!  I guess I can now add that I am also thankful for the random weird things that always happen too me!! LOL

PS.  Now it's your turn to go be thankful!  DO IT!!!!





7 comments:

  1. Love THIS!!! YAY to you for doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this. I just want you to know that I am proud of you and how you raise my grandsons! I love that they are just like you. Thanks for sharing and keep on blogging! Yay you!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome, I was laughing out loud and 1,2 and 3! Our house in on the smaller side too, only 1300 sq. feet and I love it. It is the perfect amount of space. Super happy I've met you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I am so glad to have met you as well!!

      Delete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...