affiliate_link

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What Could Go Wrong? Solar System Edition


My son is supposed to be learning the planets for his science class.  His teacher told him to remember the names of the planets by using mnemonics, putting the first letter of each word in some sentence she made up.  Unfortunately, on top of not remembering the planet names, he also couldn't remember her sentence. Some mnemonic, huh?
SOOOOOOO, being the awesome mom that I am, I tried to come up with something off the top of my head.  I'm one of those people though...you know, the ones that, once they start saying something the words continue to flow out of their mouth like diarrhea after you just ate pork that expired a week ago? Yeah...one of *those* people. It's true, my mouth is the equivalent of  food poising tummy troubles, or maybe that, all too popular, foot in mouth disease...  So, when the opportunity to come up with my own mnemonic presented itself, I just started putting words to the letters.  It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion, and my mouth was the tunnel it happened in.

MVEMJSUN

My Very Excellent Mother Just Stole Underwear and Narcotics.  


Whoa, Woah, WOAHHHHHHHH!!  
DON'T USE THAT SHANE!!  NEVER.REPEAT.THAT SENTENCE.EVER.

Well, at least not in front of your teacher, or at church, or around a CPS worker, or a police officer, or anyone that has the authority to get me carted off to jail for moonlighting as a panty raiding, drug heister. We all know how much leniency the courts have for women who are theiving, commando, pill poppers.  

Then this happens::

"Uh mom...I don't really understand what you're saying but one of the signs of drug addiction is being confused a lot. Maybe you should come to school with me tomorrow. It's Red Ribbon Week, they're teaching us about how drugs are bad."

 Ummmm, that's okay.  Maybe you should just have your teacher write that mnemonic down for mommy so that we won't have to go through this again.  Okay?

"haha yeah, maybe that's a good idea, mom....I don't really understand what's going on right now."

Okay, goodnight honey...

**Shane walks away**

I desperately wave and call out,
I LOOOOVE YOU!!!!  MOMMY'S NOT CRAZY!!  
PROMISE!!

"I know mom. It's okay. Goodnight"

I guess it could have been worse.  I could have said this....



From what I gather, I was supposed to say this...




But instead, I said this...



7 comments:

  1. This is hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I seriously can't stop laughing! and my 4yr old is trying to mimic me laughing because she wants to laugh too but has no idea what's so funny! it just adds the hysterics lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is jupiter not a planet anymore?!!?! should it be "my very excellent mother JUST served us nachos"? just an observation... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the J in there everywhere else. lol I get side tracked with bratty kids always yelling at me lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. there! fixed it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still upset about Pluto being demoted :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you come up with all of these things? I still say that you need to put all of these things in a book to sell. People need to have something to laugh about!

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...