affiliate_link

Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm a Quitter!

Well, the month of June is going to be officially known as "Tia's a Quitter" month.  I quit two addictions in one month and I am working on a 3rd addiction right now.  God knows, I probably should have went to the doctor and had him up my Prozac before attempting all of this!!

SMOKING

I quit smoking!!  Yeah, yeah, I know.  Again? Right? It's okay though.  It doesn't hurt my feelings.  I have tried many times in the past to become a non smoker and the whole time I was miserable.  This time feels so different.  I feel more confident about it and I feel secure enough in my life to live without this stuff.  It doesn't mean I won't slip up or fail in the future, but for now I am okay and this week the cravings have been very few.  For the first time ever during a stop smoking venture when I'm stressed my immediate thought IS NOT "I need a cigarette".  That is a HUGE deal for me.  I used to use high stress situations as an excuse to give up and start smoking again.   WHAT WAS I THINKING??  I have to be honest about one thing.  I am very disappointed in the weight I have gained.  I can't fit into my clothes.  :(  This brings me to the reason behind quitting addiction number two. 

STARBUCKS
**go ahead and gasp, I know you want too**

I know you are all shocked but it was time to quit the addiction.  I'm not saying I quit coffee, but I quit the Starbucks addiction.  It was hard and the withdraws were pretty severe but I have made.  I have also limited my Iced Mocha intake at home to every other day or every 2 days and only one for the whole entire day!!  After I realized how many calories alone were in a Starbucks Iced, venti, non fat, no whip, mocha I knew this would add to the "no smoking weight gain" dilemma.  It has been a hard month but I am doing well, AND no one was harmed in the making of this new glorious me!  

Final addiction attack

Carb Cravings

Let's not get all worked up about this.  I didn't say ALL carbs.  I just need to detox and watch what I am doing.  It's time to get back on track and back into my size 3's!  So please pray for me during this adventure as I am spending this week detoxing my body .  Today was the start and included a liquid diet.  Yes I am crazy, but dammit, I am not buying ANOTHER new wardrobe!!!!  

So there ya have it!  I am officially a QUITTER!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Tia!!! Im so so proud of you!!! Idk about the liquid diet because i would be dying but i know how you dont like exercise lol

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...