affiliate_link

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Here's the problem, Y'all....

 I love projects!  I see things at the store or online that inspire all the time!  I impulse buy the items I need, I get home, my house is a mess and I put the bag of newly purchased goodies on the floor in my bedroom and start cleaning.  We all need a clean work space to start off with right???  BUT then the baby cries and I have to change her diaper and feed her and show her some love, then Shane comes home from school and we have homework to do, and math facts and spelling words to study, and then Hunter comes running in yelling he is hungry.  SO, I start cooking and then I have dishes to do.  Then the baby needs a diaper change AGAIN and to be fed AGAIN.  Then the kids need showers and the baby needs a bath.  Then it's bed time.  After that, there is always a pile of laundry that needs to be folded and put away.  By the time all is said and done, my house is a mess again, I'm tired and the project is forgotten.

My name it Tia, and I am an impulsive and perpetual project STARTER.  Hell, I've been trying to write this blog for 2 days now...  I have more blogs on draft than a bar has beers!!  I can rarely finish anything. I have managed to forced my way through a few projects this week and it was an absolute miracle!!

Here are 2 things I have completed this week.  Yep, TWO WHOLE THINGS!!!!!

This is a Santa hat with matching booties that I crocheted.



Here is a bow holder I made her. 
 I will be doing my Semi-Homemade Saturday post on how to make these.


Ready for this??  These are pictures of all of my failures since October.  

I started a Blanket.  It has been sitting in a bad with a bunch of yarn unfinished for a few months...


Then I bought stuff to make SUPER FUN Halloween cupcakes.
They are still sitting in the pantry.
I got the box open though...


Then there were these cute little Thanksgiving sun catchers.
The only things that made it out of the box were the paint and directions...


Then there were some booties.  This is the first one I made.  Never did make a matching one.  I got bored...


Here is another booty I made.  There is no match to it either...
I did attempt a match at one point but i screwed it up and quit.



So, there you have it folks.  My name is Tia, and I am a perpetual project STARTER.  I have crafting stuff spewed across this house with very little to show for it.  The first step is admitting the problem though.  I feel like I'm on the road to recovery.  Wish me luck!  

Before I head off to hang my head in shame, here is something to satisfy my Grumpy Cat addiction.



3 comments:

  1. You may be the perpetual "starter", but the one thing you can do with those unmatched boties is have Miss A wear them. Kids around here where mismatched socks all the time. So, why not start a bootie mismatch wearing fad for babies?
    Oh and by the way..... THAT IS WHAY I NEVER STARTED PROJECTS! You come by it honestly. But I think more from your dad. Remember the inside of the house still hasn't been painted. Wallpaper off, but no paint. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing. I can't even count the unstarted and half finished projects I have. I went in the attic and found a bag (had no idea what it was at first) looked inside and it was materials needed for a project from 6 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit nothing... and you can't make me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...