affiliate_link

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Filler Holiday.

It's that time of the year again.  Halloween.  Oh how annoying this "holiday" can be.  It seems like it is more of a filler holiday than anything.  It is simply, an exhausting holiday.  Parties, and costumes, candy, and baking, costumes, walking all over town like little beggars, and carving pumpkins.  Oh, I despise you Halloween!

Like a good Mommy, I took the kids to the pumpkin patch though.  Actually...it wasn't much of a pumpkin "patch".  It was more of a dried up grassy area with pumpkins that actually needed patched.  Okay, let's move on from the bad joke.  The pumpkins were damaged beyond repair, and there is no way we could have made them look good.  The kids were disappointed, but before we left they wanted to go on the advertised hayride.  Sounded like fun.  We got in line.  Here it comes. Turns out there was no hay...and no trailer.  It was just a truck with benches in the back.  So, essentially, we took a truck ride....(It's okay, I'm still confused too.)





The "hayride"


Another reason, I agree to the madness of the pumpkin patch, is that it is an awesome photo opportunity.  Well, unless you have my kids.  Neither would crack a smile, and one of them looks as though he is pooping a pumpkin.  I'm convinced my kids hate me.
Pumpkin pooper
No smile
Oh and because this crap isn't frustrating enough, we actually have to go somewhere else to purchase pumpkins.  So that means a second trip on another day.  We ended up having to go to Garden World the next day.  You know what else sucks?  After you finally buy all of these pumpkins you have to be crafty with them.  

On a typical year, the pumpkins get painted by the kids and I carve an awesome pumpkin.  This year was different though.  The little one wanted to paint his pumpkin but the big one wanted to get one of those pumpkin carving kits and carve one himself.  The results?  See for yourself.


He started out strong and then...
saw some of his friends playing outside.  He then disappeared
Which led too....


Me carving his stupid bird pumpkin.  



Yep, I got stuck doing all of the work.  I didn't even want to carve the bird.  There was one that said "WICKED" and I wanted to do that one, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  I did all of the work for some evil bird thing.  

On a bright note, here is the middle child.  He had a decent painting experience.  It only involved a minimal mess.  OH and FYI: If you don't want to ruin your good makeup brushes, double check to make sure you have paint brushes at home.  



Thing 2 painting his little pumpkins
He actually had a beautiful end result with NO help from me!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...