affiliate_link

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Part II. This is why I am an advocate for Guns!

As the week has unfolded I have heard different thoughts and ideas on guns.  Mostly I have heard, "this is why we need more gun laws".  This is where I have to say those who make this statement are gravely misinformed.  

Gun Laws take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens and puts them in the hands of criminals.  A lot of people don't understand how this works.  If you put stricter laws in place and keep people from having access to weapons this is how the weapons black market starts.  Its no different than drug rings, or when they had prohibition on alcohol.  People get what they want. Especially criminals.  

Let me ask you a question.  If you were thinking about going to a store to rob it would you have second thoughts about doing that if you knew that 7 out of the 10 people in that store carry a gun on their hip or in their purse?  Would it make you worry that if were going to stick up that store that its you against 7 people with weapons? 

Let me tell you a little about my home. I keep a shot gun next to my bed.  In arms reach.  I hear the slightest abnormal noise and you better believe I am up with my gun in hand.  I also sleep with a .45 in my bedside table and I have a beautiful hunting rifle with a great scope as well as a Judge Taurus in my home. Now let me ask this, does it change your mind about breaking into my home and trying to hurt me or my children?  Does it make you think twice that I will shoot first and call 911 later.  Do you understand that if there is an attack on my home I have a spray shot loaded in my shot gun first and a kill shot slug loaded second? I will shoot to kill because that cop is not getting that criminals side of the story! Who's willing to test me now?

Gun laws are not protection.  Look at the stats.  Do your research!  There are more violent crimes in areas with strict gun laws.  Criminals buy weapons from the black market and they have no serial numbers and are not accounted for.  Thus, leaving the criminals off the hook because there is no way to track the weapon leaving them unaccountable. 



Just take some time to think about this. I mean really think about it.  With an open mind.  Do some research and if you live some where that is for stricter gun laws vote those people out and get some new people in office who support gun rights instead.  You will see a change in your community over time.



(My first target practice last year and yes, I'm the one in the other pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted by My Pleasant Nightmare

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...